We invite you to join us for coffee and light refreshments at our fall docent training session. The interactive training session will include:
- a brief introduction to the goals of the program
- tour of our current exhibition: Guild Members Salon Show
- a studio session introducing the “hands-on” project for student groups
- informal conversations about engaging both children and adults in gallery tours
- a sign-up for specific student or adult tour dates
The training is intended to provide you with the information, strategies, and structure that you need to lead successful docent tours. At the same time, you are invited to bring your own interests, stories, and experience to your tours.
Our next Coffee @ Ten lecture will be held on Tuesday, February 18, with exhibiting artist, Kurt Anderson. We encourage you to attend this and our other Coffee @ Ten lectures for added enrichment.
Docent tours are a vital part of our educational program. Tours - offered at no charge - bring in children who might not otherwise have the opportunity to experience art, and adults seeking lifelong cultural engagement. We value your participation in this program, and hope to see you on February 17
If you are interested, but are unable to attend the training, contact Megan DeWindt, Site Director, at email@example.com, or at 231.347.1236 for alternative training arrangements.