18th Annual Young Writers Exposition
Eligible participants: Char-Em ISD students and homeschool students in Charlevoix or Emmet counties
Submission dates: Wednesday, March 18 — Monday, April 20 at 5:00 p.m.
Acceptable submissions: Students may submit one titled work of poetry and/or one titled work of prose
· Poetry - 500-word limit
· Prose (fiction or non-fiction) - 1,000-word limit
Who can submit: Teachers or parents. Visit crookedtree.org and use the Teacher Resources page
Prizes for all place winners in both categories
· Work published only online in the digital Petoskey News-Review
· Certificate, medal, and McLean & Eakin gift card
* Honorable mentions receive certificate and ribbon *
Prizes for all first place winners in both categories
· Work printed in the upcoming Walloon Writers Review
(a complimentary copy will be mailed)
Prizes for all high school winners in both categories
· 1st Place, Bob Schulze Award for Poetry & Prose, $100; 2nd Place, $75; 3rd Place, $50
NEW! The Little Traverse Literary Guild is pleased to present the inaugural Hanna-Renkes/Jan Smith Literary Award, which recognizes excellence in both poetry and prose crafted by high school students who are served by the Char-Em ISD or homeschooled in Charlevoix and Emmet counties, as part of Crooked Tree Arts Center's annual Young Writers Exposition.
Two $500 "Best in Show" awards will be given, one for poetry and one for prose, in accordance with the deliberation of the high school age group jurors.