Crooked Tree Arts Center, in Petoskey, Michigan, is now accepting submissions for the exhibition Great.
The Great Lakes that surround Michigan’s peninsulas are powerful, life-sustaining resources. Their vastness, connectedness, and clarity suggest a physical manifestation of greatness. This exhibition asks Great Lakes-area artists to share original works of art that reflect on the theme “Great.” Accepted works will demonstrate a meaningful connection or response to the Great Lakes. Artists are encouraged to consider the theme broadly and creatively.
Possible approaches to the theme include:
- Responses to the Great Lakes
- Environmental concerns related to the Great lakes
- Cultural connections to the Great Lakes
- Interpretations of the concept “Great” or “Greatness”
- Personal experiences with the Great lakes
- Depictions of the Great Lakes
All media are eligible for entry. This call is open to artists working in the Great Lakes Region: Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.