Crooked Tree Arts Scholarship
CTAC is offering up to four $1,000 scholarships for graduating high school seniors who are:
- Michigan Residents
- Attending school in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau counties
- Pursuing fields of study in the arts. This includes visual arts, performing arts, theatre, dance, and music.
Crooked Tree Arts Center focuses on youth arts education through the CTAC High School Portfolio Prep Program, CTAC School of Ballet, CTAC Garage and Jazz Bands, Annual Youth Arts Show, Annual Young Writers Expo, classroom tours, and a wide variety of classes and workshops throughout the year. Thousands of area students are engaged in the arts through their experiences with the Arts Center and this scholarship opportunity will foster a student’s next level of arts education.
The deadline for consideration is March 21, 2022
Applicants will be required to submit the following materials for consideration:
- Official transcript, including cumulative GPA. Inclusion of SAT or ACT scores is optional.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a former teacher, counselor, coach or instructor in your arts-related field.
- Personal Statement: This essay (650 words or less) should give the Selection Committee insight into you as an individual. Include qualities related to your achievements, character and potential that would make your selection as a scholarship recipient a worthwhile investment. Include why you are pursuing a major or career in the arts.
- College plans
- Arts involvement: Include arts-related extracurricular activities (Examples: theatre / dance productions, choral groups, orchestra, band, visual arts exhibitions, private lessons, etc.)
- School Involvement: Include school-related extracurricular activities (Examples: student government, sports, clubs, etc.)
- Community Service: Include any voluntary work outside of school intended to serve others. (Examples: National Honor Society, 4-H, scouts, Manna Food Pantry, church groups)
- Honors and Awards: List any artistic, academic, club, and/or sports awards and honors.
- Work Experience: Include past work experience. If you have never been employed, please state how you use your summer time.
- Special Circumstances: If applicable. Describe any personal circumstances you feel warrant special attention by the Selection Committee.
- New in 2022, scholarship finalists will be asked to participate in a personal interview via Zoom with the Selection Committee between April 6 - 13, 2022. During the interview, finalists will be asked to present their artistic portfolio or samples of their work.
Scholarship winners will be announced on April 20, 2022. All winners will be invited to attend CTAC’s Youth Arts Award Night reception at CTAC-Petoskey on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 7:00 pm. Scholarship winners will also be announced at school award ceremonies.
Please note that family members of CTAC or CTAC’s Board of Directors are not eligible for this scholarship.
Writing a letter of recommendation? References, please click here!