This three-week class will explore the endless beauty of floral design using acrylics and a limited palette. Students will discover a new world of compositions, color, and design combinations.
During this class, students will:
1. Become aware of the work of famous American master Georgia O'Keeffe
2. Closely observe nature focusing on subtle change
3. Focus down on the flower and its detail, then enlarge it
4. Use a design simplification to depict what is most attractive and dynamic
5. Effectively use a variety of elements and principles of design
6. Use a limited color palette for a more contemplative approach