Students in this class will broaden their understanding of identifying and depicting principal factors of the anatomy of trees. Students will learn how to draw landscapes with a broad variety of trees. This class will emphasize learning to see, controlling various drawing media, use of line, value, perspective, proportion and texture, with a focus on expressive techniques of form and texture as design elements.
Objectives for this class:
1. Experiment with variety of approaches to drawing, with a variety of drawing media.
2. Experience processes directed to extending traditional concepts toward more expressive
and creative drawing.
3. Explore the variety of distinctive shapes of trees and principles of their anatomy.
4. Work with creating form through gesture drawing.
5. Use photographs to expand expression and creativity.
6. Create a dynamic composition with tree and its leaves.
7. Insert personal signature as a part of composition.
8. Formulate a title for a work of art.